The Omicron variant is here. We have noticed a significant increase in the need for COVID-19 testing and are increasing our staffing resources to meet this demand. In the meantime, please be patient with increased wait times at our facilities.
We will continue to enforce the following protocols to address COVID-19:
- COVID-19 testing is available for all pediatric patients (0-21 years old).
- Telemedicine visits are available 7 days a week.
- We encourage patients that have been exposed and are experiencing no symptoms to book a telemedicine visit instead of being seen in-clinic. Our provider will send the patient to a clinic for a test only. This will cut down on the time spent in our facility.
- We ask that only one parent/caregiver accompany their child to their visit.
- We continue to require that all patients and members of their family wear a face mask when they are inside our clinics (unless the patient is under 2 years old). The face mask must cover both the nose and mouth.
- All Little Spurs employees are also required to wear a mask during all patient interactions.
- We encourage patients to wait in their car and we will contact them when it is their turn to be seen to reduce time spent in the waiting room. Our online check-in system is also available to reduce time spent in clinic.
- We have removed books and magazines from the waiting room and patient rooms.
- We have always been diligent with our decontamination and cleaning procedures. We will continue to ensure that high touch surfaces (door handles, door knobs, countertops, tablets, clipboards, patient rooms, etc.) are regularly cleaned and decontaminated throughout each shift.
- If you develop a fever, cough and/or shortness of breath it’s important to seek immediate medical attention by calling your medical provider. Little Spurs Pediatric Urgent Care has 11 locations in San Antonio and three in Dallas. We are open 9am-8:30pm Monday-Friday, and 9am-5pm Saturday and Sunday. Walk-in or check-in online now!
Little Spurs Pediatric Urgent Care opened in 2006 in San Antonio, Texas. With multiple locations in San Antonio and Dallas, they are open seven days a week with extended evening hours and see walk-in patients or through an online check-in system. They accept walk-ins until 30 minutes before close. They accept most commercial insurance and Medicaid plans. More information about Little Spurs Pediatric Urgent Care can be found at www.littlespurspedi.com.
Administration Article By: