COVID-19 Tests offered through our telemedicine service OR book yourself a spot in line.
Rapid tests available for children and adults up to 65 years old!
Little Spurs Response to COVID-19
- May 4, 2020
Testing for the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) is currently unavailable at Little Spurs Pediatric Urgent Care. We are verbally screening all patients.
If you or your child have a cough/shortness of breath and fever, have been in contact with someone with lab-confirmed COVID-19 (coronavirus) or traveled to an affected location, you should contact your local health department immediately.
Our number one priority is the safety of our patients and staff, so we have implemented the following protocols to address this situation.
- We now offer telemedicine visits till 11 pm every day.
- Every morning, each staff member is screened for fever and respiratory symptoms. If they have either, they are sent home to self-quarantine until they are deemed safe by our Chief Medical Officer.
- We encourage patients to wait in their car and we will contact them when it is their turn to be seen to reduce time spent in the waiting room. Our online check-in system is also available to reduce time spent in clinic.
- We have rearranged chairs in the waiting room are spread in clusters of 2 or 3 at least 6 feet apart to minimize patient to patient contact.
- We have removed books and magazines from the waiting room and patient rooms.
- Each of our clinics have signs at our front door and within our clinics in an effort to quickly identify any patients that present that may be at risk for COVID-19.
- Fever or signs/symptoms of lower respiratory illness (e.g., cough or shortness of breath) AND
- A history of travel outside of Texas within the last 14 days OR
- Any person, including health care workers, who has had close contact with a laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 patient within 14 days of symptom onset
- Patients at risk of COVID-19 will be asked to wait outside of the clinic and our providers will screen them by phone.
- Each of our clinics are outfitted with hand sanitizer stations and patients that are coughing will be required to wear a patient mask. Complimentary patient masks are also available to prevent cross-contamination.
- We have always been diligent with our decontamination and cleaning procedures. We will continue to ensure that high touch surfaces (door handles, door knobs, countertops, tablets, clipboards, patient rooms, etc.) are regularly cleaned and decontaminated throughout each shift.
- We have updated our patient flow procedures to quickly room patients to reduce extended contact with other patients AND enhance customer service.
- Our staff has been educated on how to respond to these type of situations and will continue to be educated as more information becomes available.
- Ready access to state health authorities to answer any questions AND for receiving relevant information.
If you develop a fever, cough and/or shortness of breath, especially after travel or contact with someone who has recently traveled internationally, it’s important to seek immediate medical attention by calling your medical provider. Little Spurs Pediatric Urgent Care has 12 locations in San Antonio and one in Dallas. We are open 9am-9pm Monday-Friday, 9am-6pm Saturday, 10am-6pm Sunday. Walk-in or check-in online now!