At Little Spurs Pediatric Urgent Care we are happy to evaluate your child for their allergies. Typically hives are allergy-related and we can help with these issues as well. While we can prescribe allergy medications or creams, we highly recommend that your child be seen by their primary care provider for persistent allergy issues.
Go to the doctor immediately if:
- Breathing or swallowing becomes difficult.
- Your child starts acting very sick.
Go to the doctor when you are able if:
- Most of the itch is not relieved after your child has been taking an antihistamine for 24 hours.
- The hives last more than one week.
- You have other concerns or questions.