It’s that time of year! Pick out your costumes, carve your pumpkins, and WASH YOUR HANDS!! One of the most important points we want to stress this year is to remember that a safe face covering for your child is a cloth face covering that has multiple layers and covers both the mouth and nose. A costume mask is probably not what they need, so plan ahead!
At Little Spurs, we recommend finding an alternative to trick or treating this year. There are lots of fun options for celebrating Halloween with just the family!
- Have an outdoor celebration with close friends and family! If you do not normally see each other, set up picnic tables 6 feet apart and have everyone bring their own food. Hang out outside and enjoy the cool fall air (hopefully!).
- Host a virtual party! Especially if it’s cold, kids can enjoy their costumes without being buried under a coat. Have them show off to grandma and grandpa through a video chat.
- Many businesses in San Antonio are hosting safe Halloween gatherings. Check out these options:
Some other fun recommendations:
- Carve pumpkins!
- For older kids, lean into the “trick” part of Halloween and set up a series of clues for a fun candy scavenger hunt!
- For younger kids, go “Easter style” and simply hide candy around your house and outside!
- Watch a spooky movie together, and make Halloween theme cookies.
No matter what you choose to do with your children, make sure you social distance, wash your hands, and wear a mask if you are not with just your immediate family!
We know that some families will want to trick-or-treat regardless. If you decide to go trick-or-treating with your family, make sure that your child is wearing a multi-layered fabric mask that covers both the mouth and nose (NOT just a plastic costume mask). Do not accept candy that is not prepackaged. Consider gloves; or sanitize between each house if your child touches their face a lot. Social distance from other families as much as you can.
At Little Spurs, we offer COVID-19 tests for children and adults up to the age of 64 at all of our locations. We offer both a rapid test (results in 15 minutes), a PCR sent out (results in 2-3 days) and the COVID-19 antibody test. To learn more about how to get a test today, click here. We also offer telemedicine visits seven days a week from 7am-10pm. Video chat with one of our providers from the comfort of your own home.
Little Spurs Pediatric Urgent Care opened in 2006 in San Antonio, Texas. With multiple locations in San Antonio and Dallas, they are open seven days a week with extended evening hours and see walk-in patients or through an online check-in system. They accept most commercial insurance and Medicaid plans. More information about Little Spurs Pediatric Urgent Care can be found at www.littlespurspedi.com.