Little Spurs is here to help you and your child. Are you worried about leaving your house, or worried you have been exposed to COVID-19?
Click HERE to video chat with a provider today and have all of your concerns addressed. We will do our best to put your mind at ease.
- October 16, 2019
Its Halloween! Time for costumes, candy, and lots of fun!But with all that sugar comes the need for a bit of safety planning. Here are some tips and tricks for making Halloween boooo-tiful!
- Plan your route!
- Try to cross the street as little as possible. Attempt to make a loop around your neighborhood. Teach your child not to zigzag across the street from house to house, but rather go down one side of the street, turn around, and go down the other side.
- Brighter is better
- Try to dress your child in bright clothing. If they just have to be Batman, or another darkly clothed character, put bright reflective tape on the costumes arms, legs, and torso.
- Glow sticks are another great option to make your child more visible at night.
- Line of Sight
- Avoid masks that block your child’s eyesight
- Non-toxic face paint and make up are a great alternative
- Don’t get tripped up!
- Make sure your child costume is not too big on them. Extra length could cause them to trip while crossing the street
- Check your child’s candy
- The tried and true rule of Halloween. Check your child’s candy! Anything that looks like it has been tampered with should be immediately thrown away.
If you think your child has the flu, bring them to Little Spurs Pediatric Urgent Care. We are a walk-in pediatric urgent care open seven days a week. We have 11 locations in San Antonio and one in Dallas. Our Potranco clinic, located at 14249 Potranco Road, will open early 2020. For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome walk-ins, accept most insurance plans and are proud to be accredited by the Urgent Care Association!