Little Spurs Response to COVID-19 – June 2020
- June 12, 2020
At Little Spurs, we are working hard to ensure the safety of our patients and staff everyday. Our number one priority is the safety of our patients and staff, so we have implemented the following protocols to address COVID-19:
- Little Spurs will offer COVID-19 testing beginning Thursday, June 25, 2020.
- We now offer telemedicine visits from 7am-10 pm Monday-Saturday (8am-10pm on Sunday).
- $0 copay or $60 private pay fee
- If a patient comes into the clinic for a visit, they and all members of their family are REQUIRED to wear a face mask (unless the patient is under 2 years old). The face mask must cover both the nose and mouth. All Little Spurs employees are also required to wear a mask during all patient interactions.
- Every morning, each staff member is screened for fever and respiratory symptoms. If they or a member of their family have either, they are sent home to self-quarantine until they are deemed safe to return to work by our Chief Medical Officer.
- We encourage patients to wait in their car and we will contact them when it is their turn to be seen to reduce time spent in the waiting room. Our online check-in system is also available to reduce time spent in clinic.
- We have rearranged chairs in the waiting room are spread in clusters of 2 or 3 at least 6 feet apart to minimize patient to patient contact.
- We have removed books and magazines from the waiting room and patient rooms.
- Each of our clinics have signs at our front door and within our clinics in an effort to quickly identify any patients that present that may be at risk for COVID-19.
- Fever or signs/symptoms of lower respiratory illness (e.g., cough or shortness of breath) AND
- A history of travel outside of Texas within the last 14 days OR
- Any person, including health care workers, who has had close contact with a laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 patient within 14 days of symptom onset
- Patients at risk of COVID-19 will be asked to wait outside of the clinic and our providers will screen them by phone.
- We have always been diligent with our decontamination and cleaning procedures. We will continue to ensure that high touch surfaces (door handles, door knobs, countertops, tablets, clipboards, patient rooms, etc.) are regularly cleaned and decontaminated throughout each shift.
- Testing for the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) is currently unavailable at Little Spurs Pediatric Urgent Care. We are verbally screening all patients. If we determine a patient needs to be tested for COVID-19, we will refer them to a testing site.
If you develop a fever, cough and/or shortness of breath it’s important to seek immediate medical attention by calling your medical provider. Little Spurs Pediatric Urgent Care has 12 locations in San Antonio and one in Dallas. We are open 9am-9pm Monday-Friday, 9am-6pm Saturday, 10am-6pm Sunday. Walk-in or check-in online now!