Little Spurs is here to help you and your child. Are you worried about leaving your house, or worried you have been exposed to COVID-19?
Click HERE to video chat with a provider today and have all of your concerns addressed. We will do our best to put your mind at ease.
“Cedar Fever” is here!
- January 7, 2020
“Cedar Fever” is upon us and with it are the sniffles, runny eyes, and crankiness that comes with seasonal allergies. If your child suffers from a cedar allergy, here are a few things you can do to help them:
- Be Proactive!
- Cedar generally becomes worse this time of year, from December through February. If your child has a cedar allergy, consult their pediatrician before “cedar fever” hits and get them started on allergy medication.
- Outside Time:
- It seems strange to advise a parent not to send their kids outside, but if your child is especially affected by cedar or any other outdoor allergies, keep them inside. There are many weather apps where you can check the pollen count and see if today is a good or bad day for your kiddo’s allergies.
- Have them change clothes when they get home from school and wash their face and hands often. Have them take a bath before getting into bed, and wash their sheets often. The goal is to get the cedar away from your child as much as you can.
- Air Conditioning
- Keep your windows closed and run the AC when the pollen count is especially high. Be sure to change your AC filter often.
- Instead of dusting, clean your house with a wet rag. This gets the pollen out of your house instead of up into the air. Bathe your pets regularly.
- OTC Remedies
- We always recommend having your child be evaluated for allergies. But there are many over the counter antihistamines that can help alleviate symptoms.
If your child has allergies, you should consult with their primary care doctor on a treatment plan. But if they are not available, bring your child to Little Spurs Pediatric Urgent Care. With multiple locations in Texas, we are open 7 days a week and see up to the age of 21 years old.